Everytime I think about my favorite cast on learned from stitches, I say it in my head in a very “teenage mutant ninja turtles” way.
Monday night I started another sweater for J. I had bought the yarn some time ago to experiment with some designing, but soon found out that what he wanted to design and the yarn I had picked certainly did not go together. So the yarn sat in stash for a bit, until I saw Ummeyusuf’s cricket pullover. Then I started to think…upsized for a man, with the colors I had chosen for the designing, and only adding a bit of another color I already had in stash and I’d have myself a rather nice sweater for J. I patiently waited for stitches to be over with to cast on, but Monday evening had me raring to go! Plus I got to practice my TUBULAR!!! cast on.
I’ve made some changes of course, I started with a 1×1 rib. I began the cable pattern when I increased for the body of the sweater. I then had to do the math so that the darkest gray line had a cable in the middle of it and work it accordingly. Those of you who know me understand that so much math was a stretch. I’d rather knit willy nilly and forget the math. But I did it, as I wanted it set up right.
I am a bit concerned about what happens at the neckline, but figure I’ll worry about that when I get there. All in all I think this is great progress for 3 evenings of knitting.
I am attempting to keep this one quiet but I might get too excited over it and show him ahead of time. Verdict is still out on that.