AKA Bug’s blanket.
I finally stopped messing around and began a blanket for Bug. I didn’t really want to do it, but it was a labor of love for her, as she is a kid who REALLY APPRECIATES a good blanket. And she wanted one from me.
As I was knitting it, I was concerned about how it pulled in different directions and looked misshapen. But I was assured by various people that all it would take was a soak in the water and the sheer weight of the blanket would even it out. May I tell you they were ALL liars! It took a really hard block to get this into a square shape. I’d say the hardest block I’ve ever done. After having spent so much time on it, I was so disappointed. Fortunately, after the initial shock, I’ve discovered that it still looks good and makes a very serviceable blanket.
Mostly, I am just glad it is done. And that no one is forcing me to do another. Because…um….no.