All used up…

Miss Bug got her first sunburst coat last year.  She wore it and wore it and wore it right out. It is too small in a very big way, has all sorts of snags and rips, and is just generally well used looking.  Yet she insists on wearing that coat to school every single day.

So I thought that it would be perhaps wise to make her a new one, and another size up.  Unfortunately, I’ve knit the sunburst pattern stitch enough this year to know I wasn’t willing to do it again yet.  So instead I decided to substitute the gull lace pattern for the body of the sweater.  I used a yarn which I had left over, though I did have to purchase additional skeins.  I only had about 25 yards left so that worked out well.

The old coat:

The new coat: