Mission Accomplished

I set out to process a fleece. And I did so. I feel very accomplished and I had more fun than I ever dreamed I would.

My Romeldale/CVM, a 3 pound fleece, is completely processed into batts. My final weight for this is 1 pound 12 oz. I don’t know if that is good or not. I knew I’d lose a lot of weight from removing lanolin, but it does seem like I had an excessive amount of waste during flick carding as well. Though that could be entirely user error. We shall see how the next one goes. It is still a lot of fiber all in one shot, certainly enough for a sweater. I have decided to start spinning it just as soon as my current project is off the wheel. I will then use this fleece as my Tour de Fleece project this year.

One thought on “Mission Accomplished

  1. Pingback: Final Step in my Fleece Adventure « Suzy Sells Sea Shells

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.