I was asked to make mitten/gloves for someone recently. We chose the Gabriella pattern and I used Malabrigo Silky Merino. While the gloves turned out fabulously, this happened with a bit of hard work. They are simply the fussiest gloves I have ever created. I think this is in part because of the purled stitches. I don’t love to purl! It simply cannot be due to the cable, I liked that! The top of these gloves either the pattern wasn’t well written or I had a comprehension fail, because I just couldn’t get them to look as I’d expected. So, I reworked that top 3 times, including one moment of frustration where I cut the tops of the mittens off with a pair of scissors. In the end, they look great, so I am pleased.