Gabriella Gloves

I was asked to make mitten/gloves for someone recently. We chose the Gabriella pattern and I used Malabrigo Silky Merino. While the gloves turned out fabulously, this happened with a bit of hard work. They are simply the fussiest gloves I have ever created. I think this is in part because of the purled stitches. I don’t love to purl! It simply cannot be due to the cable, I liked that! The top of these gloves either the pattern wasn’t well written or I had a comprehension fail, because I just couldn’t get them to look as I’d expected. So, I reworked that top 3 times, including one moment of frustration where I cut the tops of the mittens off with a pair of scissors. In the end, they look great, so I am pleased.

 

Handspun

As usual, I adore knitting with my handspun! I took a 3 ply light fingering weight yarn, and made a Citron Shawlette for myself. I’ve only ever knit this pattern for Bug, I figured it was about time I had one of my own.

 

I’ve also been working on some gloves/mittens. Pattern is Gabriella, and the yarn is malabrigo silky merino. I swear these are the fussiest mittens I have ever knit. I don’t like purling at all, and these are basically all purl besides the beautiful cable. These are convenient for those who use a smart phone, but personally, I think I’ll stick to gloves or mittens.

 

I am hoping to get the second one done as soon as possible just so I never have to knit these again!

Catching up

Or getting you all caught up.

On Wednesday evening last week, I came home to a computer that wouldn’t start properly. However, I had a busy enough week planned that I knew I would not get an opportunity to bring it in for service until Saturday. Thus, even though I had a few things to blog about, I could not do so easily with my computer on the fritz. And, quite frankly, I had some decent bike riding planned (more on that in the next post) and had no interest in changing plans to get a computer fixed. So while I took pictures of completed projects, I had to save them for later.

I took a better picture of the all ears hats before they were sent to their recipients.

The pink one is yarn which I dyed, and the blue one is dream in color classy in beach fog. These were done from leftovers in my leftover box. I always feel like I am getting something for nothing when I can dive into the leftovers box!

I also finished another Christmas Stocking. This one is #9 I believe. I have 4 more to complete at some point next year, but I think I am done for the season!

I am very close to finishing a Citron shawl out of handspun, so I should have another finished object soon. Which is fantastic since it also means I can start something new!

Kaptaan Cabled Pullover

This is a test knit which I knit for Ummeyusuf. As usual, her designs are easy to follow and it is always a pleasure knitting for her! Look for the pattern, coming in January!

  

The cables on this one are fun, just a little cabling on every other row makes these neat and tidy cables! Most of it is knit in the round, so seaming the raglan sleeves is basically the most seaming done. But watch out, that shawl collar eats yarn! Love this one, and hoping Bug gets to wear it for a few years!

All Ears

I decided to knit some hats for a friend. I had seen the All Ears hats and thought them adorable, so I dove into my scrap stash, came up with two colors, and went to town. In one day I had managed to knit two hats, and get them blocked overnight. So now, an all ears hat for a toddler, and another for a child. Bug models one while holding the other.

Almost a Sweater

With bonus snow!

I’ve got one more sleeve to knit on my test knit, and a collar. Then I have a new sweater for Bug.

The snow is basically the reason I haven’t started the second sleeve. I need another ball of yarn. I need to make a trip to the store. But, it is snowy and icy so I have opted to work on other obligatory projects instead. I can get the yarn this week at some later point. Today is a day for staying in, cleaning, and knitting!