Weaving Project #3

Project #3 will have multiple posts, as it is a large project. But, I did create the first part of it already. I am not going to call this a scarf, I am calling it a strip. I started with red acrylic and added some scraps I had laying around. The bulk of this project will be exactly that. Red acrylic with scraps. However, this first project turned out surprisingly nice. I expected it to look funky and weird with the strange variegated yarn. It actually looks quite lovely. I am not positive how much time I will have to devote to this project, but I’d like to get the bulk of it done this weekend. Bug has been a huge help with this one, I’ve set her loose with the bobbin winder and she takes great pleasure in filling my bobbins just as soon as they are empty.

20130308-162935.jpg

Since this particular project consists of a number of strips, the weaver’s knot my aunt taught me came in very handy. And, I got to practice it 52 times in one evening. Being able to pull the new warp through with the old was a wonderful bonus, and something I will do for the duration of this project. I am pleased with how fast this project goes with the thick yarn and basic weave. However, I am already looking forward to doing something new, something like a pretty little scarf for me or whatnot. Something with a pattern especially! Since I have yet to try an actual pattern, that is what I am most looking forward to trying next.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.