On Tuesday evening I hung out with Bug and a friend of hers who will be leaving our circle soon. The kids and I made dinner, ate dinner, went out for ice cream, hung out at the house, and then they went to the neighbors to jump on a trampoline. I sat on the porch and finished up my phat singles on the kiwi. It went very well.
I have 215 yards of singles, in a merino. It was a merino braid that has sat in stash for long enough and I am pretty happy to be able to get it spun up.
This actually turned out a bit better than I expected honestly. Between running the kiwi for the first time with a new driveband and making singles, which is a bit of a challenge itself, I wasn’t expecting too much. This did exceed my expectations.
Of course, I immediately put something new on the kiwi. I decided to attempt to teach myself coreless corespinning. It was NOT a great decision for that wheel. It really was not. The hooks catch all the interesting fiber in the batt that I am trying to spin and it gets totally and completely and frustratingly stuck. I may finish out the bobbin I’ve got on there now and then do the rest on the Rose.