Awhile back I experimented with some corespun yarn, making a wall hanging for my house. But, I decided that it was too thin, and needed additional pieces. I used two more art batt yarns to make two more pieces. These are both shorter than the original piece.
The first up is an alpaca laceweight warp paired with a coreless corespun yarn. I think I am rather partial to this one, but I doubt I’ll try coreless corespun yarn again unless I suddenly come into a large amount of cash. It sure is a fiber eater.
This one turned out the funkiest, as Miss Bug would say. I am quite excited to hang it.
The third one is an art batt single. Because I was being lazy, I used the warp from the pink project to continue with this project. Which meant I didn’t get to use all the yarn. So, I added quite a bit of fringe on this one. This differentiates it from the others, as well as uses up more of my valuable handspun.
All of the wall hangings have an olive and lime green overtone, so they work quite well together. Once I have them hung up inside, I’ll take a picture.