Yesterday was our annual easter egg, yarn, and fiber dyeing event. I had a few friends over and Miss Bug had a friend over. The weather was spring like, in the sense that there was torrential downpour most of the day. Eventually, even that took a turn for the worse and we ended up with snow.
But, inside the house, it was all spring all the time. Our overall count was 7 skeins of yarn, 2 braids of wool, and 41 eggs dyed. I’d say that’s pretty good for a small group. Oh, and a bunch of silk hankies.
I stuck with solid colors, kettle dyed yarn. It’s my favorite method for producing results I actually want to use. The yarn is a wool/silk blend and I’ve got a lot of it in my stash that I have already dyed. I think this will be great weaving yarn, if I ever get around to it again.
I also dyed a bunch of silk hankies in similar colors. I wasn’t going for precision, but just wanted to make sure I had the same 4 colors used throughout. These were a lot of fun.
I left my dye supplies out because I’ve got an overwhelming desire to continue, getting some more done. I’ve got quite a bit of undyed fiber hanging around. I think I may just keep at it, it has been a pleasant distraction to the tunic, but doesn’t overwhelm my time.