Changing it up

I finished my hawser ply yarn yesterday, but didn’t get an opportunity to skein it before my evening activities. So, I didn’t get a chance to skein and wash it until this morning. Which means it is FAR too wet to show off.

I then decided to attempt spinning some of my cotton on my wheel, but that quickly bored me. I needed something else.

So, I pulled out my Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs and did a little searching for my next broadening the horizons endeavor. I marked a few possibilities, and then went stash diving.

Into my BEADS! Yes, the next wheel spin I do is going to involve beads.


The fiber is rambouillet from Spun Right Round fiber club. For this one, I’ll be spinning a single, stringing the beads on it, then chain plying, and adding a bead to the chain bump as I go.

I also dove into my fiber stash as well, looking for the fiber for the beads, and I also pulled out a few things that I intend to work on during Tour de Fleece. I’ll be spinning on the Dyeabolical team, and thus will be making sure to use some of my dyeabolical fiber. I’ve got 8 oz. of a pink, and am thinking of making a cable yarn out of it. Should be enjoyable.