Cabled Cape

This weekend has turned out to be a bit more busy than anticipated. It’s tough to find a slow weekend right now! But, I did finish and block the cape I made out of Marja’s cabled yarn. I struggled with this one toward the end. First, it seemed very uneven over the shoulders, so I knit a little collar on it. Then, I blocked it, and it was no longer so uneven. So, I ripped back the collar. I then had live stitches I had to cast off. Despite using a larger needle, the cast off was too tight, so I ripped back again, and used a lace cast off. Thankfully, that did work.

IMG_2468 IMG_2469

It turned out that the cabling of the two ply yarn really did make it a fabulous yarn, and I am quite pleased with the color and the subtlety of the yarn.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s