Mr. Ink and I put up all our art, and once it was up I mentioned that I might like to eventually add another wall hanging or two. Oddly enough, he was eager that I should make them, and already decided on space for them on the wall.
That got me thinking about my next weaving project. I finally settled on a handspun I’d created awhile back, out of border leicester. I cram pot dyed the locks, and then spun from the locks. I ended up with a very fuzzy 2 ply yarn.
I decided that it would make a fun warp for an interesting project. You see, I’d been saving these sari silk ribbons for awhile, and I thought they’d make a cool weft. So, I got to work warping my loom in order to have a sari silk ribbon wall hanging.
After a few false starts, after all, it’s been awhile, I ended up with a warped loom and some really high hopes.
In gardening news, we received, as a house warming gift, and absolutely fantastic little planter. I quickly added some alyssum flowers to the pot and it’s been growing beautifully ever since. This is from the first week, I’ll get a new picture soon for comparison sake. It’s really filling out nicely.
Miss Bug is off to another week of camp and we are hard at work on a garage sale in order to clear out the old house. Another weekend quickly gone, another week fast approaching. But, I don’t work the full week, so it should be a quick one!