A Thing I Made

A long time ago I created a very fuzzy 2 ply yarn out of border leicester locks I cram pot dyed. As it was not the softest thing, I struggled to figure out what to do with that particular handspun.

And then I got it in my head that it would make a great warp for a wall hanging. So that is what I did.


Using recycled sari silk as weft, I made a little wall hanging. It’s been on my loom for quite some time now, but I just don’t take the time to work in the loom room. This weekend I decided it was time to finish up. It doesn’t hang the straightest right now, which is disappointing, but it does look really interesting, and that part I love. I also love that it’s different. Something I don’t often do. I say this every time I have a woven finished object…..I really should weave more.