New Skein, New Stuff

Hey guys! First of all, I’ve got a new skein of yarn to show off!

It’s my 80s jam from dyeabolical yarns, the fiber is corriedale cross, and I spun it with loops!

img_4024

I’ve got 280 yards of this goofy stuff, and I am really unsure if I’ll ever try it again. However, it does work toward my goal of working my way through Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs. And, the reality is, I haven’t worked with it yet, so I might yet change my mind.

I threw some silk hankies into a dye pot the other day, as I needed them to finish my inglenook crepe yarn project. I decided to dye them while I was putting together a crock pot soup for my family.

img_4021

It was a great, fun, fast project that gets me toward my next finished yarn.

And as for painting, we did lots and lots of that. Here’s our wall with the stripes being added.

img_4020

It looks pretty silly there, but once we were done, we had a really nice looking wall!

img_4030

And that was only the beginning, next up was priming furniture.

img_4026

We got really smart (Or rather,  my mother did) and used spray primer. It was super fast, and probably saved us half a day. And then we got started painting furniture.

img_4027

Everything got a major overhaul, and I am hoping to have the final pictures up tomorrow. I even finished painting the inside of the closet in that bedroom, which  makes everything look complete and totally fresh.