From spinning and batts!
I had some 4 ply yarn I made from Dyeabolical rolags quite some time ago. It’s pink and purple and sparkly and I REALLY enjoyed spinning it on spindles!
It’s a fairly small amount of fingering to sport weight yarn, pretty good, I’d say, for a 4 ply. I’d been looking for a perfect pattern for this yarn, assuming that a cowl would work out well. But, a perfect pattern never really materialized. So, instead, I just made a cowl.
Bam, done, a little lace patterning for interest, and I’ve got a cowl. It turned out pretty well, and now goes in a pile of stuff I’ve got to give away as gifts should I choose to.