I’ve had quite a bit of relaxation. Mr. Ink and I went to a local mountain bike park so that he could ride bikes. However, there’s a problem with my mountain bike that he needs to resolve, so for the first time ever, I just decided to hike in there. And it was great! I saw so much that I miss on the bike, even though I was moving quite quickly on my hike. For instance:
I finished the yarn from my first ever rolags from the blending board,
I love how they turned out! I ended up with 260 yards of 2 ply yarn. I’ll have to pay attention to how thick these are, as I really had it in my head that I’d like them to become a pair of gloves. There may be enough yardage, but I don’t have the time to research that much at the moment.
I made some more rolags. I wanted to put tropical colors together. I did so, and then wasn’t too sure I liked the resulting rolags.
To be fair, I didn’t think the pink rolags were going to spin up nicely either, so I knew I had to give them a try. This morning I finished the singles:
They are interesting! I am going to chain ply these, and I have to think on it a bit more, but I may even trap some dyed border leicester locks in the plies. It’s so bright and weird already, why not stay in keeping with that?
We’ve done quite a bit of cleaning around the house, much to my relief. And Mr. Ink has been doing some more gardening. We had a fish emergency yesterday as well. Mr. Ink was outdoors, and I looked at one of our aquariums. There was a dead fish, which I felt was odd, and then I looked at the rest of the fish. They were all at the very top of the tank, even the loaches, acting like they were gasping for air. So I ran out and got Mr. Ink since he’s the fish and aquarium expert. Now, Mr. Ink loves his fish, but he might love his aquarium plants even more And he brews what he calls “fish beer” for them. Basically a combo of water/yeast/sugar and then hooks that up to the filter so that the gas the “fish beer” produces gets sucked into the tank, making the aquarium plants very happy. Well, he was quickly able to determine that the filter had gotten clogged, which caused the fish beer to actually make its way into the water. Our fish were suffering from alcohol poisoning. We lost one fish and two shrimp, but the rest of the fish recovered very quickly simply with replacing some of the water. Now we’ve got an additional charcoal filter hooked up in hopes to grab the rest of the alcohol out of the water, but it sure was a strange moment for the aquarium.
I did some furniture rearranging and then grabbed this photo:
This is my current collection of lilies propagated from scales off my current garden lilies. I am really impressed with how well they are doing, and am having trouble deciding if keeping them indoors all winter and planting in the spring is best, or just putting them into the ground shortly is best. I’ve got a couple more scales planted in small pots, but there’s no sign of greenery on them yet. But, I’d say I’ve done pretty well with this experiment so far!
That’s about it from here. I am looking forward to taking some time out today and biking with Mr. Ink around some lakes on my fat bike. I am starting to think he needs a fat bike too, so that he slows down as well.
This upcoming week at work is the hardest week in 2 years. My eye is twitching a bit already. I am going to go at it from the place of knowing I just have to GET THROUGH it. Thankfully, last week I had 3 good days out of 5, and right now that seems like a total win. I’ll keep muddling through and doing my best and before I know it, it’ll be over and things will be back to normal. At least that’s what I keep telling myself!