Ride Bike Every Day Finish Lintilla shawl Finish brown batt plying project Work on some corespun yarn
- I finished this actually, and I’ll show that off tomorrow.
3 repeats of Lighter Than Perfume shawl
- This was quite a slog actually. Even with the extra days off, I had trouble completing this.
Work on something off the master house list.
- Windows were washed, the outsides of them anyhow.
- Rearrange furniture in craft room and den of slack (Weather permitting)
- Nope nope nope. It was supposed to rain all day Saturday. It didn’t rain at all. We spent all our time outdoors. It’s getting bumped from the list at this point, as next weekend looks to be lovely.
Get Miss Butterfly a haircut!
- Not only did I get this done, I also went so far as to set up her next appointment so that we don’t get to the point where we cannot run a comb through her hair again.
When we last left off, the girls were dyeing easter eggs after having a living room tent sleep over. I’d found eggs for 50 cents a dozen, so I boiled a dozen and a half for dyeing, anticipating plenty of had boiled eggs for egg salad and other yummy things. I really should have known better, of course our young guest wanted to take her decorated eggs home! I don’t know why I imagined she wouldn’t! Plus, the girls were eating eggs as well as decorating eggs. At least they were well fed.
After they were done with the 13 cups of dye (!) I threw some silk hankies in some of the dye cups and microwaved them. The girls had a lot of fun watching that process as well. I mixed cups of dye, which gave me some variegation in color.
I got a nice assortment of springlike colors out of leftover dye. I am glad I thought of my 2 oz. of undyed silk hankies laying around in the undyed fiber stash.
Later on, I’d decided to start a new spinning project. Miss Butterfly caught me contemplating my stash, as I was having a lot of trouble deciding on a fiber. She quickly made a choice for me, and the colors absolutely reflected the easter eggs she’d just dyed.
This is “sugar skull” from The Dyeing Arts. It really reminds me of candy buttons, remember those? The little dots of sugar candy on paper? I remember my cousins purchasing them at the five and dime store, and wanting to like them, but really secretly hating most sweets. In any case, I’ve gone off track. The fiber is superwash merino with 10% nylon and 10% sparkle. I have another 4 ounces in addition to this, which is just superwash merino. Should make a fun 2 ply yarn, and it’ll be a fractal spin. I began this on Saturday, and as of this morning I am about 3/4 done with the second bump of fiber. It’s busy tonight, but I should be plying by Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Ride bike every day
- Finish “Sugar Skull” spin
- 2 repeats of Lighter than Perfume
- If weather continues to hold beautifully…scrape, sand, and paint around shop doorway.
- Commute by bike one day this week.
That’s it! Can’t wait to catch up on all the blogs I’ve missed this weekend.