Last week’s list:
- More scraping around garage window frame
- This did not get done due to having only 2 days of non rainy weather. One of them was spent desperately trying to get a handle on the mowing, and the next nice day the yard waste, full of rotting grass clippings, was so rancid smelling that I couldn’t stand to be anywhere near the garage.
One bike commute if weather holds
- I got that done the day we mowed, it was a very busy day. The woodland phlox are blooming along the trail and at one point I got pretty close to a deer standing in them. Such a pretty morning sight.
Back on track for extra indoor work, especially if it really does rain all week
- Yep, this got done, in part due to having unexpected company on Friday.
- Finish weeding/mulching the rose of sharon garden bed
- I am not sure this garden bed will ever be done! I did spend many hours weeding it throughout the week, but there’s no done about it.
Finish spinning current wheel project Finish clue 1 of mystery stole
One of the things I find the most fun about Mr. Ink being at home during the day is just how much gets done. I mean, I go home and I get to wander around the yard to see what happened while I was gone. It should be a pretty good week actually, since his tree/plant purchasing habits resemble my old yarn purchasing habits. More show up than can possibly be planted. Yesterday we came home with a tree and another rose bush, only the tree made it into the ground. And there are at least 4 more trees hanging about waiting for their place as well.
The big burning bush stump project will get done shortly. We have to move our mailbox before pulling the stump. I am hoping the mailbox move happens today, as the hole is already drilled through the stump and I am hoping to get a bunch of photos and video of that stump coming out.
I did get a bit of spinning done this weekend, about half of the singles for another loop cloud.
This one is turning out so differently than I expected. It’s quite a bit more black, I’d anticipated a lot more of the colored bits. It’ll be another 2 ply, so I am eager to see the finished product. There’s really no controlling the color in loop clouds, and the end result is always quite a surprise.
Miss Butterfly has two half days and one full day of school left this year, that’s it! And in fact, she is off school today. Her favorite teacher passed away unexpectedly last week, and she’s going to the funeral rather than going to school for the half day of locker clean out and so on. I think it’s a valuable trade off.
I have two extra days off this week as well, and I cannot wait! It’s been very busy at work again, there’s quite a lot going on and I need the break. I’ve arranged my work very carefully and handed it off to a very competent coworker and I know in her hands that’ll work out just fine.
On that note, my list can be slightly longer due to the extra time off!
- Finish current wheel project
- Finish clue 2 of mystery stole, start clue 3. (Last week it came out on a Thursday midday, which is right at the point where I start vacation.)
- Finish spinning current batt on support spindles and get an additional batt spun
- Work on scraping garage door frame, sand and paint if weather and time allows
- Work on the never ending weeding situation
- Go on a long bike ride with friends!
- Renew car registration (Why is this type of simple task always SO difficult to remember to get done?)
- And just a lot of yard work in general, whatever I can help with in the yard should be pretty exciting.
That’s all from here, hope everyone has a great week!