There was a burning bush. Now there is none. Mr. Ink spent another day on it, tracing root systems 4 feet down and then following them back up again. It’s out now, at least the most major roots. There are thinner roots under the driveway still, and we can just hope they’ll never find a purchase as we cannot get to them. This morning Mr. Ink is working on fixing his truck, then we are going to head out to the rock place again and get some larger boulders for the bottom of the retaining wall.
Meanwhile, I have been working on my own root system issues. My iris bed is also full of this ground cover that I hate. I don’t even know what it is, but I haven’t been able to eradicate it because the roots are all tangled in with the iris roots and so I end up leaving the ground cover roots behind, and then I get to do the whole thing over again the next year. This year I’ve had it. I am digging up every iris, and removing the roots from between the iris roots, and digging way down to get to the heart of the root systems. It’ll probably take years to get the job done, but I am going to give it a big head start this year.
I did some spinning yesterday, of course. I worked on another loop cloud. I figured since I have 2 loop clouds, and 4 bobbins, I could switch between the two colors and then ply two projects one right after the other.
So I worked on this burgundy colored cloud yesterday. I got halfway through it. Today I am hoping to get the other half of the grey done, Monday I’ll try for the other half of the burgundy. And then I can ply during the week.
And that’s it from here. Hopefully we’ll have retaining wall progress pictures to show off tomorrow. But, now I am off to work on that nasty root system eradication project. Have a good one!