Clean the outside of the fridge and microwave and keep up on other normal chores. Get herbs and veggies and get them planted.
- Weed rose of sharon garden bed. Again.
Finish center square on the tibetan clouds stole. Work on final clue of mystery stole.
- Commute by bike once this week.
Finish up the shopping for Miss Butterfly, and get her prepared and packed for camp.
I am not making excuses for the two that I didn’t get done!
Let’s talk instead about that mystery stole that I finished this weekend! You know what? I couldn’t have imagined a better way to pull it all together.
It turned out great, I really like it. And I enjoyed knitting it. It’s quite wide really, which will come in handy. The yarn is a high silk content merino, so it’s really very soft and drapey as well.
As for yarn use, I got VERY lucky. You may remember that I thought maybe I was pretty light on the green amounts, so I added in a bit of coral as well? At the end of the stole I had just enough green left to crochet the end in very carefully. Not even enough to use a darning needle for weaving in the end. And, I had less than half a row worth of the coral left. So, I really pushed it, but was also not terribly nervous because I figured I could easily throw in a bit of one of the other colors to make up for whatever I lacked. I just didn’t have to. So, because of the color differences, my stole is not symmetrical. But I don’t think it matters one bit. It’s still lovely. It still uses yarn I dyed by hand. It still uses up quite a lot of yarn from my stash. All things I expect out of my knitting right now.
For this week:
- 3 more repeats on the sides of tibetan clouds, I have 3 repeats done on the first side. I need 8.5 before the final border charts. I am struggling with this one a bit. The lace is complicated, I can’t memorize it, and it’s not intuitive either. I need to look at the pattern for both sides, it’s not a straight purl back either. So, it’s slow going and I am tiring of it after 3 repeats. It goes on the list, and I can just keep after it until it’s done.
- Clean out work bag! It’s a desperate situation at this point, I can’t find anything.
- Commute by bike once this week. (Maybe this time I’ll get it done?)
- Deep cleaning of the bathroom. I’ve been neglecting it. Mr. Ink has been doing so much planting that scrubbing down the walls feels pointless, as the next day there’s mud on them again. Sort of like the fridge door. But, this is NO excuse to fail to get the job done!
- Some weeding of the rose of sharon garden bed? JUST SOME? Maybe the issue is that it feels overwhelming so I don’t even start.
- Get photos of all the trees for 2017, and put them in an album for comparison next year.
Miss Butterfly is off at camp, and I’ll tell you what. I am already eager to go get her on Saturday. It’s so weird, her getting older. I don’t have that “I need a break desperately” feeling at all anymore!
That’s it from here! I’ve got a full day of work training (read full day of knitting) and am off to that in just a moment. I am oddly excited about this prospect!