As soon as I finished my autowrap handspun last weekend, I divided up 8 ounces of fiber I’d purchased at the guild show at the start of my vacation. And I divided up 12 ounces of fiber I’d purchased on small business Saturday. Then I got to spinning the 8 ounces with the intent to have a 3 ply worsted weight yarn.
I forget just how fast 8 ounces will spin when I am not trying for a fingering weight 3 ply! This spun up in no time at all, here’s two bobbins full. The colorway is Sari not Sorry from The Dyeing Arts. Fiber content was superwash merino, nylon, and stellina. The stellina gives it quite a lot of sparkle, but I noticed that it also gives it quite a lot of unexpected shine on top of all that sparkle. I have used this fiber base before, in a two ply that I paired with a non sparkle fiber braid of the same colorway. Let’s see if I can find it:
I really loved this spin as well and really should knit with it! I did get the Sari not Sorry plied, and it should be dry by this evening so I can have a picture tomorrow.
That’s about it from around here. It’s been a busy but lovely week so far!