I used it to not spin. I think this is the first year I’ve ever actually used the rest day to take a break from spinning.
I got back after this project. You see, once I’d put the collar on, I decided to block it. And there it sat, blocked, ever since I knew I’d be working on TdF. Yesterday morning I finally tried it on to see what the sizing situation would be. And unfortunately, I decided I couldn’t live with it as is. I don’t need a cropped sweater. I just don’t. I don’t think it’ll look good that way, and that’s not something I want to wear.
So, I frogged the entire collar and the ribbing of the body of the sweater, got everything settled back on needles, and have begun the slog of continuing the body of the sweater. I didn’t get very far, we had activities planned yesterday evening that kept us out of the house, and knitting just wasn’t something I had much time for. By the time we got home, Lizzie was a complete and utter nut, needing attention and a bunch of extra play time to run off the extra energy she’d gathered while we’d been out.
This morning I wrapped up my tiny progress on this sweater, and started plying some more red yarn. I’m back on the TdF road!