Next Up

Hi all!

My TdF continues apace. I am so excited to report that all the merino cram-pot singles are spun.

img_7087

I decided that the best thing to do was to ply them with mawata silk singles, so naturally, I needed to get started on that. I don’t love spinning mawata silk, so I wasn’t about to do that on spindles. Instead, I got started at the wheel. I just alternated between colors at random, figuring the color changing effect would look fine in the end.

img_7089

I may not like spinning mawata silk, but it looks so beautiful on the bobbin. Truly. Now all that’s left is simply the plying project, and I’ve got another “secret stash” project complete. This one wasn’t technically still in the secret stash, I’d gotten it to a point where it was moved to regular stash, but it’s still from that original clean out and dye session.

After this, I may even dive into some fleece needing to be flick carded before it gets spun. It would be another project that isn’t overly interesting but really does need to get finished.

And that’s your quick update from me, happy Tuesday!

2 thoughts on “Next Up

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.