This week has been busy. We’ve had quite a bit going on in the evenings in addition to a regular work week. Midweek we took Miss Butterfly to see Flogging Molly as well as a few other bands. It was a good time. But, it was an outdoor show and we were out in the wind for many hours. The next evening, since we’d had to leave the dogs at home while we were gone, we decided to go to the dog park. The dogs were so happy to be out, the weather was cooler and Rose did ALL the running. We were out there for a couple of hours in the wind.
Despite having taken allergy meds every single day this week, my allergies just got worse and worse. I blamed being out every evening, and that made sense. But man, they just wouldn’t quit. By Friday during the workday, I was truly miserable and nothing was touching the allergies.
By Friday night, even my voice was off, nose increasingly runny, and I got super cold. I bundled up under a comforter that I had Miss Butterfly bring me from the basement and I knit.
I knit on this sock I started last weekend and just kept knitting on in spare moments. At this point, I realized that it was possible that I wasn’t just suffering from allergies but I might have an actual cold.
This morning I am still pretty miserable, but I went to bed early and that seems to have helped. This morning I wouldn’t necessarily say I have a cold, I am no longer certain. But I can tell you this, my plan for the weekend is to stay inside and rest. Hopefully, that’ll help kick the cold, or if it’s not a cold, it’ll help me stay out of the great outdoors so the allergies will improve. We’ll see!
In weaving news, since we had such a busy week, and since I didn’t feel well and my brain felt fried, I never did work out my tie up situation. I still need to do that, but it’s not a priority right now.
I did get the order I had placed. I purchased a new drive band for my bobbin winder, so I am extremely excited about that. And I got in some cotton linen yarn which I planned to use in weaving. But, weaving yarn weights are truly confusing, and the yarn turned out to be a pretty light laceweight which I am not positive I’ll be able to use on the loom, at least not at this time. I need a bunch more practice before I try that!
So, I placed another order for some weaving cotton, this time I purchased 4 different weights. Once they come in, I should have a much better ability to read a weaving yarn weight and translate that into something I understand.
That’s it from here, have a fantastic weekend my friends!