I finished yet another pair of socks!
These are a sick day finish. I’d gotten bored of my lace project and needed something mindless. The toes and heels of a pair of socks were perfect for that.
These were mostly a stash buster style project. I had two skeins of yarn of different colors, but not enough to complete an entire pair of socks. Striping them was my solution. You can see the original yarn colors on the heels and toes of the socks.
This brings me to 88% of my goal of 40 projects this year.
I think it’s likely these are the last socks you’ll see out of me for a long time. I only have 8 sock yarns left in my stash, and none of them are really purchased for sock knitting. And I couldn’t be happier about it! I’ve knit that stash down so far now that I will have to choose sock yarn just for me in order to knit more socks when I want to. Or decide that one of the current sock yarns in stash will become socks instead of shawls or scarves or something to weave with. That’s something that feels great, and while I haven’t knit my yarn stash to under 100 items this year, this is a good indicator that I have managed to make some serious progress. (Stash items sitting currently at 101, but also doesn’t account for the weaving cotton I brought into stash, so isn’t actually up to date at all.)
Another interesting thing about the current stash is that only 24 stash entries are now commercial yarn. (Again, not counting the weaving cotton. There are 6 weaving cottons that haven’t been entered into my stash.) Everything else is handspun yarn. I’ve transformed my stash from commercial yarn with a spattering of handspun to handspun yarn with a spattering of commercial items.
In any case, I do think I’ll hit my project goal this year, but I am not certain I’ll hit my stash goal this year. But, I really could have the same goal for next year and see where it takes me!