I wasn’t absolutely positive I’d get to roll in a new prompt and product this month, but the spoiler is, I did finish one thing! Here’s my list as it stood last month:
1. A product with cute packaging
. An expensive product 3. A product in loose form
4. A drugstore product
A product I bought because of youtube
6. An old favorite
7. A product you haven’t used in a while.
8. A product of your choosing
9. A product from a previous project.
10. A unique product
11. A product you don’t like
12. A product you bought online.
13. A product you received as a gift.
And the photo from last month where I’d rolled in a new eyeliner and my urban decay born to run palette.
Here’s my progress this month:
4. A drugstore product is my nyx eyebrow pencil, and to be honest, I didn’t use it much this past month. I’ve got one I don’t like as much and it’s darker and close to being finished, so I’ve sort of concentrated on that instead. It did get sharpened at least once though.
6. An Old Favorite is my hula bronzer, travel size. Last month I had concentrated on the other side of the bronzer, not increasing the pan. This month I actually chose to work my way toward side pan and the pan has increased quite a bit. I do hope to fully hit side pan in the upcoming month as well as continuing to increase the pan on this product.
8. A product of my choosing is my it cosmetics cc cream which I will really be concentrating on using up this month. I want this officially out of my collection at the end of this month. It’s close now!
10. A Unique product was my last pan of frankenhighlighter I made a few years ago. I finished it up this month so I can roll something new in.
12. A product I bought online was my UD liner, my goal is to use it until I hit the “24” which looks like it’ll take about another month. It’s an extremely creamy eyeliner so it disappears quite quickly when I am using it regularly. On the other hand, I haven’t been using it all that regularly despite using color tones of shadows that really work with it.
13. A product I received as a gift is my UD Born to Run palette, it’s probably the only makeup gift I own. My goal with this is to hit pan in one of the shadows. At the moment, Big Sky is the closest to pan since it was the first one to show up in my eyeshadow roulette project. If I were to guess, it’ll either be that color or a setting shade that gets pan first.
Now I get to choose my new product which is:
14. A product I’d recommend to anyone. This is a colourpop supershock shadow. They are so easy to use and impactful. No real skill is needed with these and that’s part of why they are so fantastic. I chose the color in the photo above because it makes a good topper. I pulled it out when deciding on a product figuring I’d use it until I hit pan. I decided to put it on my eyes to remind myself what it looked like. And I immediately hit pan. Hah. So, I smooshed it all back evenly in the pan and my goal again will be to hit pan.
I am really enjoying this rolling project, I like rolling in some items that are a little easier to hit a goal on while keeping a few longer term items going as well. I love the prompts! I love looking around my collection for something that matches the next prompt. I like thinking about upcoming prompts and what I might choose. This is absolutely a fun time for me in my makeup world!