I grabbed a selfie with Miss Butterfly in the chapel right before the wedding began. I have to say, it’s tough when you are new to makeup and you think something looks good but you aren’t sure because you don’t see yourself all the time. My makeup looks good, I am PLEASED with how far I’ve come in a short amount of time. Now, this look is certainly my most “precious” foundation look, as I am using hourglass vanish stick foundation (just a little) with hourglass illusion hyaluranic skin tint, both in color Sand. I’ve been suspecting that if I want my skin to look really amazing, this is the way to go. It’s nice to have this confirmed by photo. Plus, this seems to be the combo that sticks to my nose super well. The other products in this look are a little less precious overall, a nice mix of higher end and low end:
- -Benefit Pore-fessional primer
- -Becca undereye primer
- -Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion
- -Elf instant lift eyebrow pencil in taupe
- -Tarte be a mermaid and make waves eyeshadow palette. Colors used were sandbar, shipwreck, shore thing, nude beach, beach please, and mermosa
- -Maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circle treatment concealer in light
- -Laura Mercier translucent setting powder
- -Sleek cream contour in light
- -Wet n wild megaglo contouring palette in dulche de leche
- -Physicians formula murumuru butter bronzer
- -Makeup Revolution matte blush in Beloved
- -Wet n wild megaglo powder highlighter in golden flower crown
- -Hourglass ambient lighting powder in dim light
- -L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
- -Ulta automatic lip liner in bloom
- -L’Oreal infallible lip paints in fearless fuschia
My hair is curled courtesy of Miss Butterfly. I am really glad she did it for me, as I’d begun it and then quickly tired of it. It stayed pretty well all evening. I’d asked for “beachy waves” and her response was “No, that’s not the look I am going for. You’ll get what you get.” Yes Ma’am.
She is wearing pretty light makeup overall, she decided she didn’t actually need any foundation. I think because it was so hot she just couldn’t be bothered. Wise kid! She wore the same eyeshadow palette on her eyes, not sure what colors but she smoked out the lower lash line with one of the blue colors. She did some highlighting in a rather blue shade of highlighter, not sure what brand, but it looked cool and trendy and young. I believe she may have used my blush, and then she used flower beauty petal pout matte lipstick in a nude to brown color. She topped this off with either wet n wild megalash mascara OR, L’oreal voluminous waterproof mascara from my mom who had just discovered it bothered her eyes. It was pretty fun to be in the hotel together and working on our makeup at the same time with plenty of space.
This was the last time I wore makeup on the trip, after that I decided that there was too much pool and bike time and I just couldn’t be bothered. Now I am back at work and back to my project panning at home. So basically, my look is more subdued out of necessity. That being said, I’ve already got more items to add in for next month, providing I don’t work through them this month.