I had a lovely Spinday yesterday. I’ve been working on some The Dyeing Arts Koi Pond, which I received recently. I’ve got 8 oz. of this 60/40 polwarth silk top and it is stunning and rich.
I decided immediately that it needs to be a 3 ply, I divided my wool, and got started spinning. Then we had the floors done, which meant that my wheel got shoved in the back of a craft room closet. And it didn’t get pulled right back out again. But, this weekend it did!
I got a rather small amount done. It’s not much, but it is beautiful and I am looking forward to working on it.
I pulled out my A Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs as well, as I’ve been saying it’s time to start working through the book again. For this project, I think I’ll just do an opposing ply 3 ply yarn. I’ve never tried that before, and I’d like to see the end result.
I am also spinning something else on spindles at the moment, I’ll show that off soon. However, for that one, I think I’d like to try a crepe yarn and I have something in mind for that. So, that makes two current projects both working out of the book. And that really makes me feel so eager to spin!